What are the main benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Deep exfoliation of dead skin, leaving face feeling silky smooth
- Removal of all that fuzzy peach hair that holds dirt and bacteria, and can prevent products penetrating the skin
- The glowing soft skin makes for a perfect base for flawless make up application
- Removes the barrier of dead skin allowing any home care products from your current skin care routine to be able to penetrate and work more effectively.
Who can't have it done?
Unfortunately there are a few exceptions to the treatment where the client wouldn't' be suitable.
- Those with active acne covering a large portion of the face
- Spots, moles, warts etc are fine, I just work around those
- Anyone undergoing chemotherapy or with cancer. Must be clear of both for 6 months due to thinning effect on skin
About the Dermaplaning proceedure
Dermaplaning is a safe and highly effective physical exfoliation procedure. It requires the use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently "shave" the skin's surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz). Physical exfoliation triggers the cell regeneration process and allows products to better penetrate skin. The procedure can be performed monthly, with no downtime post-treatment.
Dermaplaning is also excellent to rid the face of excess fine hairs which can often accumulate dirt and oil. Contrary to popular belief, vellus hairs, as opposed to terminal hair, will not grow back thicker or darker (the main question on everyone's lips - IT WILL NOT GROW BACK THICKER, phew!).
Exfoliation of dead cells along with the removal of fine hairs results in healthier, brighter skin that has a smoother look and feel, a perfect base for flawless make up application. The treatment is finished with an enzyme peel that can speed up natural chemical reactions in the skin that renew skin cells while exfoliating dead cells. Enzymes are also reported to diminish scars, age spots, fine lines, and discoloration, and may also penetrate the skin to cleanse pores and improve skin tone and texture. The most amazing thing about enzyme peels is that they do not damage or remove live tissue! They exfoliate ONLY dead cells, which is a big reason why enzyme peels are great for nearly all skin types. Because there is no injury to live skin, there’s no down time!
How much does it cost?
Full Dermaplaning with enzyme peel - £35
The Ultimate Glow Facial (Dermaplaning & Chemical Peel) - £55